2020 14th PV Performance Modeling Collaborative Workshop in Salt Lake City, UT (19-20 May 2020)
The organizers of the 14th PV Performance Modeling Collaborative (PVPMC) Workshop encourage researchers and companies to submit an abstract to present at this workshop to be held in Salt Lake City, May 19-12, 2020.
- Please submit abstract before March 1.
- Workshop webpage with registration links and travel information is now open. Program will be available in early to mid March.
Co-sponsored by Sandia National Laboratories and GroundWork Renewables, this two-day workshop will examine the technical challenges and opportunities related to PV Systems Modeling. The workshop this year will have a single track and will cover topics from solar resource assessment, module characterization, PV performance modeling, advanced performance monitoring and fault detection, and the application of PV performance models to grid integration studies.
We are soliciting presentation proposals from the community. If you have modeling approaches, new data, or other interesting results to share please consider submitting a abstract in order to present at the workshop. The following are a list of possible sessions:
- Solar resource assessment updates (led by GroundWork)
- Module performance characterization (updates from test labs, IEs,…)
- PV performance model updates (updates from model developers)
- Open source modeling and analysis tools for PV
- PV performance validation studies (maybe a focus on bifacial model validation)
- Advances in monitoring technology and analysis (fault detection, classification, predictive O&M)
- Performance modeling to support distribution studies (focus is on voltage support, PV+local storage)
- Performance modeling to support transmission studies (focus is on variability, central storage, etc.)
Please send Abstracts that include title, author list, organization name, and a brief technical description of the contribution to Joshua Stein (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Program information, agenda, logistical information and the registration link are available here. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in Salt Lake City!