Solar Research Institute of HIT, Fraunhofer ISE, and Sandia National Laboratories are co-organizing the 9th PV Performance Modeling Collaborative (PVPMC) Workshop to be held in Weihai, China (5th – 6th December 2017). Technical tours will be offered on Thursday,7th of December at Solar Research Institute of HIT and at a PV greenhouse plant at Weihai.
This workshop brings together international solar PV professionals and researchers to learn about and discuss new and important technical issues related to PV performance modeling and monitoring. This workshop will be stimulating, interactive, and provide valuable information for modelers, model developers, and other users of PV performance model results. Simultaneous translation for Chinese and English will be offered for the workshop. Come and visit the largest and fastest growing solar energy markets in the world.
- Detailed information is available here: 9th_PVPMC_Workshop_Information_Weihai_V1 (495 downloads)
- If you would like to present your research or work at the workshop, submit an abstract no later than October 2, 2017 to be considered.
The workshop program aims to include oral presentations with the following main topics:Solar Resource Data and Uncertainty for China
- Forecasting and Modeling for PV Grid Integration
- PV Modeling Applications: Modeling Tool Updates & Moderated Panel Discussion
- Modeling of next generation module technology (smart modules, bifacial, other new technologies)
- New PV System Technology, in the field of power electronics and inverters, tracking and module mounting, …)
- Field Monitoring, Degradation, and strategies to maintain long-term power plant performance
- Grid Utilization, e.g. Decentralized PV and Storage
- Soiling studies and Modeling Methods