Piteå, Sweden, March 14-15, 2024
This workshop will allow a small group of researchers and industry representatives the opportunity to focus on and exchange ideas about this emerging market and its unique opportunities and challenges. We are also preparing a review article that we hope to refine with workshop participants’ input.
The workshop immediately follows the IEA PVPS Task 13 meeting in the same location during the first part of the week.
Our colleagues at the Research Institutes of Sweden (RISE) have graciously offered to organize the logistical aspects of the workshop, and participants will be asked to pay a nominal fee to cover these costs in addition to their transportation and lodging expenses.
- 2024 High Latitude PV Workshop Program (V1) (22 downloads)
- Registration Link
- Pitea, Sweden Site and Travel Information (121 downloads)
We are organizing local site visits, a group dinner on Thursday evening, and a number of sessions during the two days of the workshop. Our tentative agenda currently includes sessions covering Country Reports, Modeling Performance of PV in High Latitude Conditions, Reliability Issues, Industry Perspectives, and Integration Issues.
- Anna Malou Petersson, Research Institutes of Sweden (RISE)
- Alexander Granlund, Research Institutes of Sweden (RISE)
- Mattias Lindh, Research Institutes of Sweden (RISE)
- Joshua Stein, Sandia National Laboratories
- Laurie Burnham, Sandia National Laboratories
- Chris Pike, Alaska Center for Energy and Power, University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Michelle Wilber, Alaska Center for Energy and Power, University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Henry Toal, Alaska Center for Energy and Power, University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Christie Haupert, Alaska Center for Energy and Power, University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Erin Whitney, Arctic Energy Office, U.S. Department of Energy